Human-computer Interaction Design
# Human-computer Interaction Design
The purpose of the course is to introduce the basic principles for designing interactivecomputer systems to students. For this purpose the process of designing interactive systems, design phases (collection and analysis of requirements, prototyping, implementation and usability testing) will be introduced to students.
- Introduction, terminology, history
- Human in the human-computer interaction,physical characteristics, cognitive aspects
- Usability, principles, standards, accessibility,user experience
- Human computer interaction design process, approaches and featuresof the design process
- Collection of requirements, interviewing techniques, observation, defining personas and scenarios
- Representation, sketches, storyboards, prototypes, lowfidelity prototypes, high fidelity prototypes
- Task analysis
- Principles for interactivedesign, elements of visual interfaces, error handling, help, and documentation
- Userinterface evaluation, evaluation methods and techniques, evaluation measures, usability heuristics and usability testing principles
Upon completion ofthe course, the student is expected to demonstrate knowledge of the process and phases fordesigning interactive systems and can independently or in a team design and implement aprototype of interactive system.
Lectures using presentations, interactive lectures, exercises (using equipment and softwarepackages), teamwork, case studies, invited guest lecturers, independent preparation and defense of a project assignment and seminar work.
|Independent Learning Tasks||15|
|David Benyon||Designing Interactive Systems: A Comprehensive Guide to HCI, UX & Interaction Design||Trans-Atlantic Publications, Inc.||2013|
|Jenny Preece, Helen Sharp, Yvonne Rogers||Interaction Design: Beyond HumanComputer Interaction (4th edition)||Wiley||2015|
|Ben Shneiderman, Catherine Plaisant, Maxine Cohen||Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human Computer Interaction (6th edition)||Pearson Education Limited||2017|
The exam will take place on the 01.06.2022 and 01.07.2022, respectively.
|Seminar paper / Project||10 points|
|Activity and Learning||10 points|
|Final exam||70 points|
|5||F||up to 50 points|
|6||E||51 to 60 points|
|7||D||61 to 70 points|
|8||C||71 to 80 points|
|9||B||81 to 90 points|
|10||A||91 to 100 points|